Charter Standard Club
The Charter Standard Scheme is a best practice guide that sets standards for coaching, administration and child protection for all clubs outside the Football League and Premier League.
As a benchmark for quality, it will improve the playing experience for all.
The FA Charter Standard Clubs programme, supported by FA Community Partner McDonald's, was launched in February 2001 and is a core component of The FA Football Development programme.
The project is aimed at all clubs outside the Football League and Premier League where players, children and parents find a club in their local area that meets FA standards.
The FA, in conjunction with various bodies, has drawn up the following set of criteria for clubs wishing to reach Charter Standard :
1. A written constitution.
2. FA CRB checked volunteers.
3. All managers to have a minimum of FA level 1 coaching course.
4. Commitment to attend in-house training courses.
5. Acceptance and promotion of the FA Codes of Conduct.
6. Commitment to provide Mini-Soccer opportunities to Under 10’s.
7. Commitment to promote schools liaison and equal opportunities for all.