Code of Conduct
This is Alveston Football Clubs Code Of Conduct for Players, Managers & Parents/Spectators.
1. Abide by the laws, rules and spirit of the game.
2. Make every effort consistent with Fair Play to help his/her team win.
3. Promote team spirit at all times.
4. Treat opponents with due respect , irrespective of the result of the game.
5. Accept the decision of the referee and his/her assistants without protest and show them due respect at all times.
6. Abide by the instructions of his/her manager, coach or Club Officials, provided they do not contradict the spirit of this code.
1. Set a positive example for others, particularly young players and supporters.
2. Promote and develop his/her own team having regard to the interests of the players, supporters and reputation of the national game.
3. Always have regard to the interests of the game, including where publicly expressing an opinion of the game and any particular aspect of it, including others involved in the game.
4. Make every effort to develop the sporting, technical and tactical levels of the Club and obtain the best results by the team using all permitted means.
5. Give priority to the interests of the team over individual interests.
6. Resist all illegal or unsporting influences, including banned substances and techniques.
7. Accept the decisions of the referee and his/her assistants without protest and show them due respect at all times.
1. Provide positive encouragement to their child and the team.
2. Applaud the opposition as well as their own team.
3. Avoid coaching your child during the game.
4. Refrain from shouting and balling.
5. Respect the referee's decision without question.
6. Give encouragement to everyone to participate in football.
1. Any player, official or parent of the Club who brings the Club or League into disrepute, will be dealt with by the Board of the Club.
2. Any player, official or parent sent off for serious miss-conduct , which includes any assault on, or threats to a referee or an assistant referee or any player or official of an opposing club shall be suspended immediately by the Club until a disciplinary meeting is held by the Club.
3. The Club will not be responsible for any fines incurred by any player, parent or official of the Club.
4. Bullying will not be tolerated. Any reports of bullying will be taken seriously and dealt with accordingly.
5. This Code Of Conduct has been ratified by the Club members at its Annual General Meeting, with a copy duly signed by the Club's Chairman, Secretary, Finance Director and Child Protection Officer.